Tuesday 29 March 2011

Fashion Photography

What I found with fashion photography is that it is not always just about the clothes- its about the model and the setting around it. It is about wanting to create that feeling of something more in the image than just the clothing head on. I think what gets many people so hooked into the fashion world, is the complete package that they present to the world. They show us how they feel the perfect person should look like- perfect skin, body, looks and style. Many of us then buy into this whole perception of what is "perfect" and  it is something we feel we should aspire towards.

My own creative practice has mainly been centred around working with female models so what I have tried to do in my images is still keep a level of femininity in them. My main inspirations for my images came from photographers like Tim Walker, Paolo Roversi, Lillian Bassman and Edward Steichen.
The reason why these four photographers have been a source of inspiration to my work, is down to how they have lit their work, how they have carefully controlled the colours in their images and in the cases that they photographed women, how the maintained an air of femininity.









Copyright Marce Michael Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment